WAYS YOU CAN REACT TO FILM
1. LEARN about the Hate Crimes Prevention Act and see how your state is or is not enacting it and what you can do to stop crimes in your community.
2. RAISE YOUR VOICE when you hear or see someone being bullied or hurt due to their sexual orientation.
3. DONATE or raise funds for the Matthew Shepard Foundation, or an organization of your choice that supports tolerance and compassion.
4. PLEDGE to be tolerant of people that are different than you, whether that is race, creed, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
5. SPREAD THE WORD on social media about the film and how it has impacted you. #RememberMatt @MyFriendMatt.
Matthew Shepard is a Friend of Mine
Matt Shepard is a Friend of Mine is a powerful feature documentary about Matthew Shepard, the gay young man who was tortured and murdered in one of the most notorious hate crimes in U.S. history. Directed by Michele Josue, a close friend of Shepards’, the film revisits the shocking case with never-before-seen photos, rare video footage, and new revelations about Shepard’s all-too-brief life.