WAYS YOU CAN REACT TO FILM
1. TELL YOUR FRIENDS to see FED UP in theaters starting May 9th!
2. BRING THE CURRICULUM for FED UP to a school near you by making an introduction between an administrator and REACT to FILM.
3. GO SUGAR FREE FOR 10 DAYS to engage in the Fed Up Challenge. Ask your family, co-workers, students, and friends to join you. Share your daily feelings, process, and discoveries by tagging #FedUpChallenge on Social Media.
4. WRITE A LETTER to the PTA President, School Principal, and head of the cafeteria at a school in your community, requesting healthy alternatives in the lunchroom.
5. SUPPORT OR START A COMMUNITY GARDEN. For ideas check out The Edible Schoolyard Project founded by Alice Waters.
6. URGE COMPANIES TO STOP MARKETING JUNK FOOD TO KIDS. The majority of food ads on television that are marketed to children are for unhealthy foods. Get involved through the Food Marketing Workgroup.
Everything we’ve been told about food and exercise for the past 30 years is dead wrong. FED UP is the film the food industry doesn’t want you to see. From Katie Couric, Laurie David (Oscar winning producer of AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH) and director Stephanie Soechtig, FED UP will change the way you eat forever. The film opens in theaters across the country on May 9th.
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE ON THE FILM!
REACT to FILM created the Community Guide and Educator’s Guide for Fed Up. The guides include discussion questions, vocabulary, and reaction activities. This is a mini-version of REACT to FILM’s more comprehensive elective course taught in Middle and High Schools.
Request Discussion Guides