WAYS YOU CAN REACT TO FILM
1. WATCH & REACT to “The Invisibles” a series of short films by Marc Silver & Gael Garcia Bernal for Amnesty International, highlighting the shelter networks and the human rights abuses which are part of all migrants’ journeys.
2. JOIN THE FIGHT for immigration reform. See the National Council for La Raza to learn about current US immigration reform, advocate for change with “tools for reform” by writing letters to your congressman and/or senators, and share your immigration story.
3. DONATE to the Colibri Center for Human Rights to help families achieve the basic human need of finding out what happened to a missing loved one.
4. BUILD AWARENESS through social media by taking a photo of the contents of your pocket or purse and posting with the hashtag #TheThingsWeCarry.
6. TELL YOUR FRIENDS to watch the movie when it’s released in theaters or demand a Gathr screening.
Who is Dayani Cristal
Who Is Dayani Cristal? tells the story of a migrant who found himself in the deadly stretch of desert known as “the corridor of death” and shows how one life becomes testimony to the tragic results of the U.S. war on immigration. As the real-life drama unfolds we see this John Doe, denied an identity at his point of death, become a living and breathing human being with an important life story.
Winner of the Sundance 2013 Cinematography award and nominated in the World Documentary Competition, “Who is Dayani Cristal?” has been described by The Hollywood Reporter as “A deeply moving doc [which] finds a new way of making the immigration debate personal.”